Experience Autumn in the City of Light! Paris du Jour offers an exciting September itinerary of Paris art, famous Paris sights, French countryside excursions and delicious cuisine. Share the fun of meeting Parisians in their own homes while enjoying delicious food and wine. Experience an exciting itinerary with new friends in your small group of fellow travelers. Discover the faces of Paris as you walk tiny rues and elegant quarters with a Paris historian. Shop in a busy Paris market. Enjoy a delightful dinner cruise on the Seine and a dinner in a Normandy estate. Visit Monet’s amazing garden and charming home and savor the colors of autumn in his magical village of Giverny. Journey through France in a Paris museum with a private guide as you view full scale architectural façades of famous French cathedrals, city gates, staircases and sculpture from centuries past. Tour price includes hotel for 6 nights with breakfast, all tour admissions, planned train travel, dinner cruise, most dinners, round trip airport transfers, concierge service throughout. Does not include airfare.
Monday, Sept 10 (Day 1)
- Departure from USA.
- Fly overnight to Paris.
Tuesday, Sept 11 (Day 2)
- Arrival day in Paris.
- After clearing customs and claiming your luggage, travel by reserved shuttle service to
- Welcome Lunch*
Short Paris Walk welcomes you to the sights, architecture and charming streets of
your Paris neighborhood. Take some time to relax at the hotel before your very
enjoyable Paris Welcome Dinner*.
Wednesday, Sept 12 (Day 3)
- Breakfast* at the hotel.
- Spend the morning at the Cité de l’Architecture et du Patrimoine. See the famous
façades of France all in one extraordinary museum. Our outstanding guide will take us
on a journey as we view some of the most beautiful architectural creations in France
including cathedral façades, medieval staircases, city walls as well as sculpture.
- Free Afternoon. Explore other items on your Paris list or enjoy shopping for Paris
- Dinner* at a lovely Paris home. Our host was born and raised in the wine region of
Bordeaux. She is expertly trained in wine culture and is the creator of the wineappreciation
business called “Do You Speak Wine?”. Enjoy delicious cuisine beautifully
presented. Savor her selections of fine wines and have fun as she leads us through the
process of wine tasting.
Thursday, Sept 13 (Day 4)
- Breakfast* at hotel.
- Morning program led by art historian Dr. Kelly Spearman. The Île de la Cité is the
island that sits between the right and left banks of the river Seine. It is home to the
Cathedral of Notre Dame and the origin of the City of Paris. Enjoy a walk and discover
how Paris grew from the home of an ancient tribe to become the royal residence of
- Lunch in a tavern in the Latin Quarter.
- Evening free
- Option: Opportunity to enjoy an exciting evening at the lovely venue of Bel Canto for
delicious dinner and musical entertainment of “Opera at Your Table”.
Friday, Sept 14 (Day 5)
- Breakfast* at hotel.
- Spend the day in the Normandy countryside. Travel by train along the banks of the
river Seine to Vernon situated in the beautiful region of Normandy. We will arrive at
Giverny to visit Monet’s garden and home. Experience the colorful garden designed by
Monet himself. The Japanese Bridge made famous in many Monet paintings beckons us to spend time in the magical garden before we tour the interior of Monet’s home.
Shop in the gift shop that was the original art studio of Monet. Have lunch in a garden
setting before our return to the Vernon train station. Next stop is the 11th century
village of Pont de l’Arche. Experience French hospitality at its very best! Our hosts will
welcome us to their lovely home and offer dinner*, fine wine and great company in
this historic country estate. Learn the history of La Chasse – ‘the hunt’ – and listen as
our host presents the customs and traditional music involved in the sport of hunting.
At the end of this very memorable day, return to Paris by train.
Saturday, Sept 15 (Day 6)
- Breakfast* at hotel.
- Opportunity to participate in Wine and Cheese Pairing class at the Cooking School of
Le Foodist. An enjoyable presentation with a wine specialist will introduce you to the
regions of France through cheese produced there as well as wine of that particular
region. A great way to enjoy lunch and sample wine and cheese with a small group in
a very lovely setting.
- Dinner* Cruise on the river Seine. Paris is known as the “City of Light”! Enjoy delicious
cuisine, wine and delightful musical entertainment aboard Bateaux Parisiens and glide
under the beautifully lighted bridges of the river Seine.
Sunday, Sept 16 (Day 7)
- Breakfast* at hotel.
- Free Day in Paris! Visit a typical Sunday Market in our neighborhood and shop with
the Parisians. Spend your day exploring Paris sights on your own Paris list. Perhaps
take time to relax with a stop in a public garden, enjoy a walk along the Seine,
discover the area of Montmartre or stroll along the famous Avenue des Champs –
Elysees. Museums and department stores and inviting boutiques welcome Sunday
- Enjoy a group dinner* and share memories of a fabulous week in Paris and its
Monday, Sept 17 (Day 8)
- Breakfast* at hotel if your travel schedule permits.
- Shuttle transport from the hotel to Charles de Gaulle for your return flight to the US.
Tour Price Per Person
- $3,560.00 Single Room/Main Building
- $3,030.00 Shared Twin/Garden Building per person
To Make a Reservation:
- Contact Paris du Jour and request a contract.
- Complete all required information and sign the contract.
- An $850 USD deposit check is required to accompany the signed contract. This deposit is non-refundable.
- Please mail your check and signed contract to:
Paris du Jour, LLC
3123 Eanes Circle
Austin, TX 78746
Payment Schedule for Tour Balance after deposit
- Final Tour Balance due by July 31, 2018.
- Single Room Final Balance is $2,710.00
- Twin Room Final Balance is $2,180.00
- The $850 USD deposit is non-refundable once paid.
- If you cancel your booking after July 31, 2018, only 50% of your final tour payment
will be refunded. Trip insurance is recommended and can be purchased through travel
insurance companies online.
Expenses Included in Your Tour Price
- All entrance admissions, private guide costs, train travel for planned group activities.
- Tour coordinator services daily for all planned tour activities.
- Hotel accommodations for six nights and continental breakfast six mornings.
- Round-trip shuttle service between Paris airport and the hotel.
- Métro tickets are provided for Métro travel for the planned tour activities. Tour
participants are responsible for additional Métro tickets for leisure time Métro travel.
- Several meals throughout the tour are included and are noted in the itinerary by *. No
other meals or beverages are included in the tour price.
Expenses Not Included in the Tour
- Any activities, tours, bike rental, concerts, or any other activity not planned for the
Paris du Jour group on the tour itinerary. No transportation for those activities.
- Airfare, taxes and airport fees are not included.
Paris Tips for Additional Days
Many clients would like to add an extra day or two to their Paris stay, both before and
after the tour. Additional nights- Sept 9 and 10- are available for booking before the
itinerary arrival date of September 11. The tour concludes after breakfast on the
morning of September 17. It is possible to reserve the extra nights of September 17
and 18. You might want to spend some extra time shopping or visiting other special
highlights on your own personal Paris agenda. This extra hotel booking must be
requested at the time of your tour reservation. Your costs for the extra nights,
breakfasts and any other services you incur must be paid directly to the hotel at the
time of your checkout.
Please remember to bring comfortable walking shoes. The best way to see Paris is on
foot. The tour involves a great deal of walking each day. We use the Paris Métro for
our transportation to and from many planned activities. The Paris Métro is the city’s
underground public transportation system. Therefore, there are lots of steps/stairs
involved. We ask that you carefully review the itinerary to decide if the planned daily
activities are a good fit for you. Please refer to our website for comments from
previous Paris du Jour participants. Paris du Jour looks forward to welcoming you to
Paris. Join us!
All meals with an * are included in the tour price.
Or you can click here to download a full tour itinerary with tour cost in a PDF file.